Australia, Oct 5, 2020
With over 50% market share of the online travel agency business in Australia and New Zealand, Webjet is virtually a household name.
What is less well known is that Webjet is also the global #2 player in B2B travel wholesaling – offering payment gateways to external suppliers using a blockchain tool, helping hoteliers and the wholesale supply chain manage inventory (e.g. selling beds to Expedia.)
Download the PDF version of the case study
- Like most IT groups, Webjet’s internal IT team was constantly firefighting. 80% of the help desk’s time was taken up with necessary user support including password resets, viruses and file permissions. This “noise” however reduced the IT group’s ability to focus on innovation, empowering users to do more.
This was the antithesis of the transformation the Board wanted. The group was required to facilitate growth through innovation – taking a new approach to fixing things rather than patch and restart. The reactive drumbeat was also creating a much higher toll on the IT staff and culture within the team.
- Reduced data sprawl and improved security provided via NetApp’s Data Fabric.
- Immediate deployment of new offices and users provided via Cisco Meraki.
- Reduced co-location costs dropping from $80k/month to $20k/month – yet with greater services available to the business ie “More for less”.
- 80% of IT staff time freed from Level 1 support duties to focus on assisting users become more productive – turning shadow IT into a product roadmap for IT.
- Business groups now determine their IT spend via new dashboards - varying this depending on the performance and functionality they require.
- Members of the IT group are “having fun” again - being able to get back to helping people and innovating, rather than firefighting and resetting passwords. IT staff are now empowered and challenged to find new ways and new ideas to deliver for internal and external customers
Australia, Mar 29, 2022
UAC moves to cloud to optimise its storage with the support of Logicalis
Since transitioning to cloud and the new Dell Technologies SAN (Storage Area Network) deployment, UAC has achieved results at twice the speed of its previous system.
Australia, Jan 26, 2021
StarHealth enable critical community services with a cloud-ready network
StarHealth is a provider of primary care services throughout their centres in Victoria. With a vision of providing Health and wellbeing for all, StarHealth provides coordinated care when and where needed so their clients can achieve their health and wellbeing goals.
Australia, Jan 14, 2021
Logicalis help Village Roadshow to identify $1.15m savings through cost optimisation advisory services
Village Roadshow operates core businesses in Theme Parks, Cinema Exhibition, Film and DVD Distribution and Marketing Solutions. The Village Roadshow business is operated within Australia with a workforce of over 5,000 staff.
Australia, Oct 18, 2020
Anglicare Victoria create a roadmap for the future with Logicalis advisory
Anglicare Victoria, was looking to perform a complete audit of their overall IT environment to complete an Environment Management Plan (EMP) for the purpose of ensuring currency of platforms, production environment changes and thus reduce technology risk across the organisation.
Australia, Oct 5, 2020
Save the Children working more effectively thanks to the Cloud
Save the Children is one of Australia’s largest aid and development agencies dedicated to helping children. It supports children in 125 countries around the world and has offices in 31 countries, including Australia.
Australia, Oct 5, 2020
DHHS use AI Bot to provide 24/7 support in major IT transformation
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is a government department responsible for health, ambulance services, families and children, youth affairs, public housing, disability, ageing, mental health and sport policy in the state of Victoria, Australia. The department provides many services directly to the community through its operational divisions, located across 17 areas of the state. Each division covers a mix of rural outer-metropolitan and inner-metropolitan areas of Victoria. They fund almost 2,000 other organisations to deliver vital health and human services care.
Australia, Oct 4, 2020
iCumulus scale operations and harness growth using Azure and Teams with Logicalis
iCumulus is one of Australia’s leading supply chain solution providers. The Melbourne based organisation works with a range of customers both domestically and overseas.
Australia, Aug 23, 2020
Campbelltown Council partner with Logicalis to modernise data centre for new era of growth
Campbelltown Council decided to migrate and refresh their IT environment with Dell Technologies Hyper Converged Infrastructure Platform.
Australia, Jul 21, 2020
Dairy Australia ditch the Data Centre for Azure in major migration with Logicalis
Dairy Australia’s Azure migration project has allowed the organisation to be agile, fast and shift their IT environment to a futuristic way of operating.
Australia, Jun 15, 2020
Peninsula Health Scale Up Remote Operations, from On-Prem to Azure in 2 Weeks
Peninsula Health cover a number of health facilities and hospitals in the Frankston and Mornington Peninsula areas of Victoria, Australia. Its charge includes Frankston Hospital, The Mornington Centre, Rosebud Hospital, Hastings Community Health and Golf Links Road Rehabilitation Centre. Peninsula Health covers an area of approximately 850 square kilometres and a population of 300,000 people which can increase by around 100,000 in peak tourism seasons.